these flowering crab trees are just gorgeous right now...and i also love that they have beautiful red berries all winter:) we planted these five trees on our north boulevard - and yes, the metal stakes are still there 2-3 years later. (we have been rather protective of these because several newly planted trees have been purposefully driven down on a nearby berm)
and i am feeling slightly "interesting" because i've been tagged by both theresa and deb, of texas junking fame!!! my first time(s) ever being given this honor...thank you for being interested - and for your wonderful blogs, too:)
between both of these "tags" i should technically be listing 17 things about myself...but that leads me directly to:
- 1) i don't like to follow the rules (just exactly, anyway). you'll never catch me doing anything dishonest, but are certain to find me bending and tweaking the "silly" rules for sure. and i get to decide which rules are silly.
- 2) i am a passionate child advocate - i will defend an innocent child to the end of the world and back:)
- 3) i feel strongly about pretty much everything - or else i am totally disinterested. one extreme or the other. i think the condensed version of this is "i tend to be intense" (or apathetic)
- 4) i love a good, honest laugh!!! and not at the expense of someone else. just real, everyday life humor...
- 5) i work in healthcare. i am a PA with 15 years experience in Family Medicine. i. have. seen. almost. everything. and heard even more.
- 6) (i'm growing disinterested in myself - just a warning)
- 7) i am both open and private
- 8) i won a flag in 4th grade, for writing an essay about "why i'm glad i'm an american"
- 9) i am incapable of multi-tasking. this is a problem. it means i can do only one thing at a time. (although in a true emergency situation, i can do whatever it takes... this is good)
- 10) i always trust my gut instincts! they have served me well.
- 11) my sister says i drive like helen keller. if you need more details, please contact any local law enforcement agency. anywhere. anytime. they'll be able to help you. (but no one has ever been injured, and that is a very important point!!!)
- 12) i am genuinely interested in others, unless they are fake or superficial. then i grow disinterested...
- 13) my favorite number is 3 or any number that is divisible by 3, in a crunch.
- 14) i can't stop here because it's not divisible by 3.
- 15) but i can stop here:)
this was rather fun, in a painful sort of way;) and i do appreciate being tagged, theresa and deb...thank you!