5.27.2009

beautiful "red splendors" (and a little about me)

these flowering crab trees are just gorgeous right now...and i also love that they have beautiful red berries all winter:) we planted these five trees on our north boulevard - and yes, the metal stakes are still there 2-3 years later. (we have been rather protective of these because several newly planted trees have been purposefully driven down on a nearby berm)











and i am feeling slightly "interesting" because i've been tagged by both theresa and deb, of texas junking fame!!! my first time(s) ever being given this honor...thank you for being interested - and for your wonderful blogs, too:)

between both of these "tags" i should technically be listing 17 things about myself...but that leads me directly to:

  • 1) i don't like to follow the rules (just exactly, anyway). you'll never catch me doing anything dishonest, but are certain to find me bending and tweaking the "silly" rules for sure. and i get to decide which rules are silly.
  • 2) i am a passionate child advocate - i will defend an innocent child to the end of the world and back:)
  • 3) i feel strongly about pretty much everything - or else i am totally disinterested. one extreme or the other. i think the condensed version of this is "i tend to be intense" (or apathetic)
  • 4) i love a good, honest laugh!!! and not at the expense of someone else. just real, everyday life humor...
  • 5) i work in healthcare. i am a PA with 15 years experience in Family Medicine. i. have. seen. almost. everything. and heard even more.
  • 6) (i'm growing disinterested in myself - just a warning)
  • 7) i am both open and private
  • 8) i won a flag in 4th grade, for writing an essay about "why i'm glad i'm an american"
  • 9) i am incapable of multi-tasking. this is a problem. it means i can do only one thing at a time. (although in a true emergency situation, i can do whatever it takes... this is good)
  • 10) i always trust my gut instincts! they have served me well.
  • 11) my sister says i drive like helen keller. if you need more details, please contact any local law enforcement agency. anywhere. anytime. they'll be able to help you. (but no one has ever been injured, and that is a very important point!!!)
  • 12) i am genuinely interested in others, unless they are fake or superficial. then i grow disinterested...
  • 13) my favorite number is 3 or any number that is divisible by 3, in a crunch.
  • 14) i can't stop here because it's not divisible by 3.
  • 15) but i can stop here:)

this was rather fun, in a painful sort of way;) and i do appreciate being tagged, theresa and deb...thank you!

8 comments:

June said...

Oh, I loved getting to know you better through this delightful writing. We seem to be alike in so many ways. Rules, what rules. And my driving (my children and husband say is awful) I do just fine if there are no witnesses. You just gave me a good idea for one of my next posts. Your crabapple trees are beautiful. I can smell them all the way to Idaho.
Hugs,
June

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Congratulations on being "tagged". I only realized this when I read your post today...but coincidentally, I have an award for you today, too!

I've been following your blog for some time and really enjoy your writing and your images. Small world!

Please stop by my blog to pick up yet another accolade.

Blessings,
Donna
brynwoodneedleworks.blogspot.com

Tamerie Shriver Halliday said...

Being a rebel is a good thing! There are definitely some really silly rules and I think that they should be bent or tweaked or busted wide open if they are that dumb. I do agree about the not being dishonest part, too. I really dislike being told what to do, or worse still, what I can't do. Ha! Tell me that and I will have to do it, just to prove to you that I can or that it can be done. Childish? Maybe, but it has served me well over the years. And, I suspect, you as well.

Floss said...

Fascinating - thanks for sharing 15 (14?) things about yourself! I can really identify with some of them - it's good to get to know you better.

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

This was great! Thee older I get, the less time I want to put into superficial people. Very intense, or not at all....yep that's me too! Enjoying my gifts!

trash talk said...

Thanks for playing along! I loved getting to know you just a little bit better and I am so on board with #4. What good is life without laughter? I figure if I'm going to have wrinkles, I want them to be laugh lines!
Debbie

Jessica Rodarte said...

i love tags like these. fun! I enjoy getting to know quirky tidbits about you.
your flowering crab trees are delightful. the pictures you took capture them well.
i would love to have you join my humble tag swap mary, but i would not like to overwhelm you as i know can happen when swapping. :) i just finished my sweet sentiments tags. i used a dick and jane theme. i think they're pretty cute, but i'm biased 'cause i love dick and jane! this comment would have been best as an email. *silly me!*

Laurie said...

It was so great to learn more about you! I, too, will defend a child to the ends of the earth, especially his/her safety...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails