7.10.2010

flea market

hello, blog friends:)  i hope that this summer has been good to you so far, for those in the northern hemisphere.  like most everyone whose blogs i follow, i too can say that the summer is flying by - it's always a bittersweet thing, it seems.

i wanted to show you a few items i found at the flea market over the july 4th holiday.  first, is this little black unused ledger - my first ledger ever.  and i do love ledgers!


the typography is so pretty - i especially like that big "5"...



slightly yellowed pages


i felt i needed this hand carved ampersand - new, but shabby and wonderful



and i was happy to run across this old card game - i've seen it on ebay and etsy, but never in real life - so now i have one to add to my game/game piece collection.




the graphics on the cards really appeal to me - so vintage




and here is a photo of the 7gypsies receipt holder that i've been admiring, but haven't purchased.  i was thrilled to find a pile of authentic receipt holders for a dollar a piece!



here they are - aren't they so wonderful?!  i ended up with 9 of them and *might*  mount them on a board - i'm not sure yet. 



and last, my new old flashcards.  for anyone who has followed my little blog at all - you know why these are perfect for me!  thank you for stopping by:)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your vintage finds! I have never seen the card game, the graphics are great.
Enjoy your summer!
KarenSue

Jessica Rodarte said...

You find the greatest treasures!
Those flashcards are so perfect for you!

sweetpea said...

i love it all!

hugs,

shelley

Lynn said...

That card game is great - what a treasure!

Pretty Things said...

Oh man, I've been looking for a ledger forever! Lucky you!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Those receipt holders are so cool. I once had one and wish I hadn't sold it so cheap because I've seen them used in so many ways. Have a great rest of the day, T

BitsAndPieces said...

Love all your great finds!
Sandy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails