8.10.2009

friday's finds

because i don't like details and i don't like to read ads, i just go out junking by feel. and this has always worked well for me. however, i virtually never have happened upon such a wonderful estate sale as i did last friday. these are just a few of the items i brought home with me. i don't collect old cake toppers, but i do have three now...so according to "the rules", is that a collection?




both the box and shears are wonderful

i'll use these in my crafting (theoretically anyway). who has time to use these things when there is so much more to discover? i found a large set of these - love the woodgrain look:)


crusty tins





i doubt these are old, but i thought they'd be good for a little vignette somewhere around here the next 4th of july. i don't care much for primary colors, so i have very little red and blue. i have been making a conscious effort to collect a few patriotic colored things. (and as always, i cannot resist these old folding rulers)



lovely old flags...yellowed and with that vintage smell:)


11 comments:

Jessica Rodarte said...

I think you are well on your way to a collection of wedding cake toppers. ;) You have a good eye for them. I'm anxious to see what you do with all of these fun, vintage finds.

trash talk said...

Yeppers, three is a collection!
What great finds...everything is just fantastic. I love red, white and blue, but not in my house...outside for all the world to see!
Debbie

Floss said...

What great finds! Unlike you, I've taken to scanning the web for Vide Greniers as they come up - they are held in remote villages round here and you'd never just drive past them. I love your patriotic stuff - Americana seems very exotic to me. French 'Campagne Decoration' ran a lovely July 4th article last month.

Sea Witch said...

Fabulous finds. Loving the old flags, the crusty tins and the cake coppers...yes 3 is a collection. LOL. I also have a few cake toppers, so not me but there is somthing about them that has caught my eye lately. Not sure what I am going to do with mine, maybe I will put little masks on the for halloween and set them on pumpkins. Sea Witch

Lori said...

oh, yes...three of anything is most definitely a collection...that is a gorgeous cake topper!!! you really hit the jackpot, what wonderful things you found!!!

Tamerie Shriver Halliday said...

Wow! You found some really great stuff. I especially like the heart tins.

Unknown said...

Well looks like you got some wonderful things! How fun!!

:) T

Laurie said...

Oh Mary -- I'm jealous because I passed up that exact pair of pinking shears in the box recently! I really need them, too! You did great!

sweetpea said...

Mary, you find the best stuff!

Hugs,
Shelley

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

WOW! What awesome finds!

Anonymous said...

I purchased a pair of pinking shears in the original box at an estate sale and I can't tell you how happy I am that I paid the $2 for them (at the time, I wasn't sure they were worth it). I use them frequently. They are so sharp and well-made. Enjoy your new shears!

Mitzi Curi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails