9.25.2009

black friday

thank you to jill over at the gypsy fleamarket for hosting this new "black friday" blog party:) please consider joining, won't you?
here are my vintage treasures for today...all in beautiful black. it's funny - i dress in black almost daily, i choose black shoes and purses every time, and yet i thought it would be hard to find items around my home that are vintage black. there are more than i realized - but they are mostly small items - accents, if you will. i love black!


i love these old black oval photo frames so much that i am paralyzed...i don't know what to do with them! so i display them as they are - and they are beautiful:)

my most recent junking thrill - this large old chippy clock


all the things i love - vintage; sepia tones with black accents; and numbers:) old clocks are one of my junking passions...


i'm off to start my black friday rounds...thank you, jill!

12 comments:

Claudia said...

I love the frames! I think they look perfect displayed the way you have them. Graphic and beautiful! The clock is wonderful. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Gypsy Flea Market said...

I knew black could be just as yummy as pink, white, cream, etc...nice choice of items! I'm with Claudia ... those frames and clock make my heart skip a beat!!

xo
Jill

Floss said...

Fantastic looks! We have a surprising amount of black furniture. It's my husband's taste, I think, but I have found it very easy to adapt into a colourful vintage/cottage/wooden scheme, which might seem surprising.

Sophee-a Laroo Bijoux and Sheri too said...

Sqeal...I love the frames!
Great items....I always knew black was fun!

Tattered Goods said...

I love the black frames and the gloves are quite delicoius too. make it a great weekend see you next Friday.

Sheila

Heidi said...

I really like your vintage black treasures! Hmmm, I may have to join the fun next Friday!
:)Heidi

Junkgirl said...

Oh Mary! You have some great black finds! I LOVE the frames and the clock!

Sarah said...

Love the frames! And that clock reminds me of the kind that used to be in the classrooms when I was a kid.

prashant said...

I think they look perfect displayed the way you have them. Graphic and beautiful! The clock is wonderful. Thanks for sharing them with us.

How to make a website

Christine Edwards said...

Mary, your vintage black items are gorgeous. I love the frames too; I can totally see these displayed as is. And that clock...perfect.

Olenka said...

beautiful items!

Artsy Fartsy Junkin Finds said...

Dying and drooling over the old black chippy wonderful clock!! Janna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails