1.16.2010

two swaps and ADD

i've been happily crafting away this past week and i just can't wait another day to share a little glimpse of what i'll be mailing off to my swap friends:) first are the petite inspiration boxes for heather's swap, hosted at her blog speckled egg . she has hosted this type of swap before - altering little matchboxes and filling them with tiny treasures to use in crafts, projects. i've never done a "little" swap before - and it has been sooo fun. i covered my boxes in old player piano paper and then fashioned a flower for each out of old sheet music. i think i love them - but honestly now that i took a photo and posted it - i can't help but wonder if they look like sea anemones??? please tell me that they don't! even if you have to lie. that would be okay just this once.




and a little peek of some of the contents...


i was fortunate enough to get in on cathy's "amour box" swap over at treasured heirlooms, too. i loved that she suggested choosing a color theme for our boxes (shades of pink, shades of red, or shades of white). i chose shades of white, of course:) and here is a little peek at what i am making for this lovely swap...ack! i love swaps! but i need to stop. i really must. maybe.



and then about the ADD? i'm pretty sure i have it. it's why i can't multi-task. it's why i can't seem to finish projects like organizing my paperwork, cleaning out my studio, and really truly getting my laundry room in order. i scored fairly high on the screening quiz and i've diagnosed and treated enough of this in Family Medicine to be quite certain that i do indeed struggle with it. i'm going to see what happens now that i'm aware...maybe i can learn some ways to adapt and be more productive. maybe i'll need medication. i don't know. but i need to go now - my husband wants to talk to me and he knows i can't type and listen to him at the same time. *sigh*

15 comments:

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

No lie, your little boxes are precious! I love what you've done with sheet music and I love that you chose white for you color.

NicNacManiac said...

I am so in love with your little flowers and the glittered heart...wow..so pretty! I am also in this swap and will be posting next week when I have finished. I am working at the moment on a Vintage Valentine Fat book swap and have almost completed my boxes for the inspiration. Just missed the other swap and am sad.
Your vintage white box looks precious with the pattern flower. Your work is lovely! Enjoy the rest of your day!! xOxO

icandy... said...

Oh my!!!
Wonderful creations! Have a great weekend!
oxox

melissadc76 said...

I'm in the swap too, I love your whites! Your button centered flower should have included a tutorial, I would love to learn.

...having partner envy...

Melissa

Rust: Vintage Inspired Design said...

Wow....fabulous job....love what you have done with the old player piano paper!!!
xojanis

Junk Exchange said...

these are so sweet - i really like the glittered hearts in the center ..

very nice!

troy

Hearts Turned said...

Your sheet music flowers are fabulous--no lying here! I love them! Wish I was in on that swap--lucky swap ladies!

So glad I found your beautiful blog today--I'm your newest follower & I'll be back often to see what other beauties you're creating! Have a lovely Sunday!

Free Art Printables said...

These are so cute! I love how you put them together!

Jessica Rodarte said...

So pretty, Mary!

lulu redstar said...

So adorable! I love tiny little boxes and bottles filled with tiny treasures!
I think truly artistic people have 'controlled chaos' where they work/create. I didn't used to be like this when I was in business world. Now that I use the other side of the brain I am in always in constant 'cc'.
ox
p.s. I did manage to clean up my laundry room which made me feel SO much better.

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Wonderful, and NO they do not look like sea anenomes! The treasures int he boxes are great, so is the Valentine box! I'm using a link to you as I'm doing a post on white/creams.

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

I love all of the flowers you made - just beautiful!

Laurie said...

Too much fun! Love the little boxes especially!

Anne Lorys said...

Those wee little boxes are absolutely precious! Those swaps look like fun!

Hey, I have ADD, too. Undiagnosed, but I know the symptoms, and I've got it in spades. You're not alone! :-)

Have a great Thursday,
Anne

{oc cottage} said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Fabulous!!!

m ^..^

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails