8.02.2010

you see...

there's a long history of  (ahem) "my driving" stories in my family. largely untrue, of course - but amusing to some, nonetheless!  (if you're interested in a brief synopsis, click here and scroll down to the latter portion of the post...)  at any rate, i ran across this arthur kaplan poster at the thrift store last week and it made me laugh out loud, which meant that it came home with me.  it just stuck a chord, i guess:)



i couldn't help but notice the intensity of this little girl's entire being...she grips the wheel very tightly; she appears largely oblivious to anything around her...


look at the determination on that face!



and please note the name of her little toy vehicle. hee! and it appears that the body of it is quite intact, although certainly well-loved. ok, so maybe there are a couple of things that could possibly remind me of myself - but mostly, i just...like it...



what could a girl do with 5 old film canisters found at a garage sale?  for 40 cents a piece, i just picked them up and added them to my pile...now i'm somewhat mystified as to how to utilize them; i just know that i like them.  because.


there are no reels inside - just the canisters.  maybe i'll hang them on the basement wall when we finish furnishing that space this fall and winter?  if you have any ideas, i'd love to hear them:) 

2 comments:

Jessica Rodarte said...

That poster is adorable and hilarious! :)

Lynn said...

I agree that poster is so darn cute. And the film canisters are awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails