7.21.2009

chippy old door

this photo is off topic, but pretty, i think


this is the wonderful old door with a lovely patina that i found at a garage sale on friday

for now i just placed it leaning on the front of the house...


but tell me honestly - is it right there? or is it too symmetric...too centered...too anything? or not enough something? i'd really appreciate any opinions:)
(edited to add) it's a bit funny - i love to scrounge around and find wonderful old junk, and i have pretty good luck with that - but i'm not so good at the art of display. i'd be thrilled to have someone come into my home and arrange all the things i love! that's why i appreciate feedback from you, my talented and creative blogger friends.


this is only the second season that we've had these endless summer hydrangeas; and they are incredibly lush! just love them...


13 comments:

Artsy Fartsy Junkin Finds said...

Loving the door, just perfect!! Blessings, Janna

Jessica at Kids Napping? I'm Scrapping! said...

Gorgeous. It looks just right to me right where it is. Perfect contrast- not too bold- just right. :)

Olenka said...

beautifully placed!

Lori said...

i love that door...it looks wonderfully aged to perfection!!!

trash talk said...

I think it looks perfect just as it is. Don't you just love the "endless summer" hydrangeas? I know I do. I wanted to get some white ones, but I fiddled around and didn't. Drat!
Debbie

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

I love it, it's perfect!

sweetpea said...

Love old doors--and those hydrangeas!! Your door is a perfect backdrop to them. By the by, I am having a giveaway to celebrate my 100th post. I do hope you will enter!!!

Hugs,
Shelley

June said...

I love the door right where it is and those hydrangeas are gorgeous.
Smiles,
June

Christine Edwards said...

Oh you! Can't believe your incredible luck. I love that you've placed the door outside, but I'm almost wondering if you have a spot in your garden to stand it up and have plants grow up around it, oooh, like a clematis vine or something. I know I'm in the minority, but it just seems like you left it outside leaned up against the house. I think it needs more integration in the plants. My 2 cents. :-)

Christine said...

I love it! And I love your blog and style too... Hydrangeas is my favourite flower : yours are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

That old door is priceless. But I would stand it upright on the corner of the house, then you could hang some flowers or other things on it???? Just a thought.
Marcy
www.queenmarcyoriginals.typepad.com

Laurie said...

I think it looks just right there! I adore your hydrangeas!

Pretty Things said...

I love it right there, and hydrangeas are the best. I had those in my wedding bouquet!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails