7.06.2009

real life

i'm contemplating the thought that our pictures so often capture scenes that may or may not even be a true representation of what was really happening. i guess i'm feeling philosophical...and just for the record, this photo was pure serendipity. i had some dried hydrangeas that had fallen out of their container onto the floor...i picked them up and tossed them into a box nearby. and was delighted with the simple juxtaposition of this cardboard box, words and flowers. it speaks to me, somehow:)

so these photos show parts of our recent july 4 day at the lake, with family. a wonderful day. a boat parade. good food. gorgeous sunny weather.




spectacular fireworks over the water


old glory, in all her special beauty.

and yet...what you don't see. the mosquitoes. the secret heartaches and concerns of a single mom. the tears of the children who felt sad and hurt and left out of the "little" group dynamics that day. the man who quietly worries a lot, about everything. the fact that two of these photos were taken last year. who'd know?


and the truth is - it's all okay. that's real life. the good. the bad. the ugly. life is not all kodak moments. but it sure is wonderful!


10 comments:

trash talk said...

Touching post. Don't ever throw away that box...it is wonderful with or without the hydrangeas.
I don't want to know which ones were from last year...I think they are all beautiful with each one telling a little story.
Debbie

Lori said...

what a great post!!! that is a wonderful box...i would keep it too!!!

Anonymous said...

Definitely keep that box! It surely does stand for more then just a "Box" I think! and beautiful photos

June said...

A wonderfully written post. And so true. Thank you for sharing this part of yourself today.
Smiles,
June

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

So, so very true.

And I LOVE that quote of 'normal day', as well...I have it somewhere around here and it always makes me take a moment to absorb it. I could staple it to my forehead!

Angie said...

Beautiful! Isn't it amazing sometimes how things just fall into where they are supposed to be?

Hugs ~ Angie

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

You have put two of my favourite things together. Acid green hydrangas ( my daughter-in-law had them in her bouquet last October ) and Philosophy, I love Amazing Grace, Inner Grace and all of the other Graces !! And all of the other Philosophy products. And any colour Hydranga !! XXXX

Laurie said...

It's so true...

Your photos were spectacular, even if they are from last year!

Karen Valentine said...

That truly is a fabulous photo. I love the fact that it just happened without staging.

Karen
My Desert Cottage

Jessica Rodarte said...

The story behind the photo is significant. I see what you're saying...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails